Make no mistake, our donuts are unlike most any you have ever had...
Handcrafted with NO disgusting chemical preservatives!
Made fresh every morning using the finest ingredients and sold the same day!
We proudly hand forge our donuts and cook them all in-house on our AWESOME Donut Robot!
Our DonutZ Recipes are available in all sorts of shapes and delicious flavors including Chemshaw 13®
classic varieties such as: Sweet Yeast Raised • Buttermilk Cake • Strawberry Cake • Blueberry Cake
• Cherry Cake • Vanilla Cake • Sour Cream Old Fashion Cake • Chocolate Ol' Fashioned Cake • Red Velvet Cake
• *Orange Dream Cake • *Pumpkin Spice Cake • *Apple Spice Cake • *Peppermint Spice
Available in singles, half-dozen & dozen. * Selection may vary week to week.
** Please be aware that Chemshaw 13 DonutZ products may contain, or have come into contact with peanuts, nuts or other possible allergens
• Bear Claw • Apple Fritters • Various Home Made Danish - Frosted • Glazed Cinnamon Roll • Glazed Cinnamon Perishing • Honey Maple Sticky BunZ
• Various Specialty Fruit & Crème Filled Pie DonutZ: Bavarian Crème, Chocolate Bavarian Crème, Vanilla Crème, Coconut Crème, Banana Cream, Chocolate Crème, Strawberry Cheese Cake, Key Lime, Raspberry, Lemon, Cherry, Blueberry, Mango, Pineapple and Spiced Apple Chunk!
• J's Famous Applewood Smoked - Thick Cut - Bacon Vanilla Bean Glazed Long John
• The "Kevin Smith" Peanut butter & Strawberry Pie filled DonutZ w/ chocolate & vanilla drizzle topped w/ chopped peanuts
YEAST RAISED DONUTZ:
Vanilla Yeast Raised: Strawberry Frosted "Homer", Maple Iced, Vanilla Glazed, Butternut Crunch Honey Glazed, Cinnamon & Sugar, Yin~Yang, Chocolate Iced, Crunchy Peanut butter & Chocolate, The Oreo Crumble, Butterfinger Crumble, Snickers Crumble, The Fruity Pebbles, Capt. Crunch, Coco Krispy, Reeses Puff, Golden Graham, The Grape Escape, The Arnie Palmer, Cherry Crystal Dream, Crown Brewing Root Beer Glazed, The Mt. Dew Glazed, The RED/Mtn/5 Glazed... and sooooooooo many more!
• Chocolate Yeast Raised: S'mores DonutZ
• Chocolate, Vanilla & Maple Iced Long John's
Selection may vary week to week.
** We are a DONUT SHOP but ONCE IN A WHILE we LOVE to make other stuff like:
MUFFINS, CUPCAKES, COOKIES AND SCONES (but, ONLY once in a while)
Visit the shop, check out the latest and greatest Comic Book's Comic Gear! Try our DonutZ and taste the difference... You'll be SO GLAD that you did!
The BEST Coffee in Town!
We fresh grind and fresh brew Metropolis Coffee!!
Fresh, hand crafted DonutZ deserve freshly roasted, seasonal coffee.
A small batch, artesian roaster in the heart of Chicago, Illinois, Metropolis Coffee goes beyond the industry standard and has been recognized with multiple awards for "Best Coffee" in the industry .
"Our coffee aesthetic is rooted in the belief that great coffee comes from a line of respect beginning with the farmers and their respect for their land. We, in turn, respect the farmers by paying fair prices for their harvest, and respect our customers by taking great care in the roasting and brewing our coffees, and in blending our teas. Respect is at the core of our coffee philosophy, and taste is paramount".
There's nothing like eating your delicious Chemshaw 13 DonutZ accompanied by a fresh brewed cup of Metropolis Coffee!
• Proudly Brewing: METROPOLIS Coffee's • Metropolis Iced Coffee (Seasonal) • Variety of Rishi Hot & Iced Tea’s • Bottled Water • Wide variety of Bottled Soda’s • White & Chocolate Milk • Tropicana OJ & Apple Juice • YooHoo! Also available: REDBULL & 5 hr Energy.
Feel free to message us on Facebook if you've got more questions that need answers!
* Do you make gluten free, egg free, dairy free, sugar free, (etc.) doughnuts?
NOPE! We are not that kinda shop.
All of our doughnut recipes contain wheat, dairy, eggs, and sugar.
* Do you have anything suitable for people with nut allergies?
Please contact us with your specific allergy questions, understanding that we are unable to to certify that any doughnut is 100% free of any particular ingredient.
* Why did you sell out of my favorite flavor today?
We are not mass marketed fast food. Our DonutZ are made in small batches to insure FRESHNESS! We are interested in creating a special, quality product from fresh ingredients. Each doughnut is unique, made from scratch, individually fried, glazed, and decorated. There are plenty of places that will have a full variety twenty-four hours a day, but do you really want a doughnut that’s been filled with preservatives, extruded, and frozen for months before you buy it? No, neither do WE. This is why you should come to Chemshaw 13 DonutZ & Comics and TASTE the difference, yourself!
* Do you sell bagels?
Nope. We are not experts in bagels (except eating them). For great bagels, we take a little drive over the boarder to The Great American Bagel in Orland Park, IL. 9189 W. 151st Street, Orland Park, IL 60402.
* Where does the name “Chemshaw 13” come from?
Chemshaw 13 was named after a Magic shop in a role playing game Jason wrote himself, that is now known nationwide.
* Is this a franchise?
We are working on it, but not yet! As of right now, Chemshaw 13 DonutZ & Comics is an ORIGINAL IDEA- Hybrid Concept. Actually, we are a Mom & Son and a Son & Mom Shop! Owned by Jason & Lynette Sullivan, Jason's Mom and Lynette's Son also work at the shop! Chemshaw 13 DonutZ & Comics was conceived and created by us, after much frustration in trying to find real doughnuts and a friendly and knowledgeable Comic Shop, we decided the best decision was to open our own store.
* * I have a great marketing opportunity for you--would you like to buy an ad/buy space in my coupon book/sponsor my kid’s soccer team/donate doughnuts for teachers or some very cute puppies, or high school kids?
We’d love to support all of our customers’ causes, but being a fledgling business in an unkind economy, we’ve got to be very, very selective about such things. Keep in mind that due to the volume of requests we receive, you may not receive a response for a week or more, and that we plan donations at least a month in advance.
* What do you do with your leftover doughnuts? Can I pick them up for my charity event, school meeting, or my hungry pet tigers?
We generally sell out daily. On the occasion we do have leftover's, we donate them to various organization's with-in Crown Point, IN. Here are a few examples:
CPFD, CPPD, St. Jude House, Lake County Juvenile Justice Complex and local Hospital's E.R. Departments, etc.
We are open to discuss your charity event or school meetings... hungry pet tigers, we would need to meet them first! :)